Book Title: Classroom Habitudes (Revised edition): Teaching Habits and Attitudes for 21st Century Learning
Publisher: Solution Tree
Author: Angela Maiers
You know students need to acquire 21st century skills. But how do you work those skills into the curriculum? Learn how to use the content you already teach to challenge students to think critically, collaborate with others, solve new problems, and adapt to change across new learning contexts. Help students build the seven habitudes--habits of disciplined decisions and specific attitudes--they need to succeed.
- Take advantage of simple, fast methods to teach critical 21st century skills.
- Learn a set of transferable concepts that you can teach and students can apply across every grade level and discipline.
- Explore model lessons to help students become critical, creative, and strategic learners.
- Nurture self-motivation, a key ingredient for student achievement.
- Help students develop habits and attitudes that sustain effort and accomplishment both in and out of school.
- Use this new shared language to build a culture of learning.