Book Title: Release My Grip: Hope for a Parent’s Heart as Kids Leave the Nest and Learn to Fly
Publisher: Group Publishing
Author: Kami Gilmour
- From Mom to Me Again: How I Survived My First Empty-Nest Year and Reinvented the Rest of My Life
- Empty Nest: What's Next?: Parenting Adult Children Without Losing Your Mind
- Barbara and Susan's Guide to the Empty Nest: Discovering New Purpose, Passion, and Your Next Great Adventure
- Chicken Soup for the Soul: Empty Nesters: 101 Stories about Surviving and Thriving When the Kids Leave Home
- Goodnight Dorm Room: All the Advice I Wish I Got Before Going to College
- Letting Go, Sixth Edition: A Parents' Guide to Understanding the College Years
- Destination: Life: Navigating Your Future With Jesus (Jesus-Centered Devotions)
- The Freshman Survival Guide: Soulful Advice for Studying, Socializing, and Everything In Between
- Your Freshman Is Off To College: A Month-by-Month Guide to the First Year
- The Naked Roommate: For Parents Only: A Parent's Guide to the New College Experience: Calling, Not Calling, Packing, Preparing, Problems, Roommates, ... Matters when Your Child Goes to College
Saying goodbye to a child as they leave the nest and learn to fly ushers parents into an emotional time of grief, joy and nostalgia. Release My Grip, by popular blogger Kami Gilmour, offers inspiration and practical insight as she reveals the surprising truth she learned while knee-deep in this sacred season of parenthood. Often humorous and always honest and hope-filled, these stories have equipped and encouraged the hearts of millions on the popular SoulFeed blog.
In this keepsake book, you’ll discover how this time can be fertile ground for deepening your relationship with Jesus. You’ll also gain the practical tools you need to help you pause, reflect, and capture the words on your heart during your own unique journey as a parent of a young adult fledgling—from high school graduation through the years that follow.
With every chapter of Release My Grip, you’ll find:
• Compelling reflection questions that draw you into the peace of God’s presence and promise, gently shifting your focus from the loss you feel to the richness and hope of a new season that’s just beginning.
• Relevant Scriptures to ponder—words that reveal God’s heart, bringing relief and hope in the midst of wondering and worrying.
• Practical challenges that help you adjust to the rhythm of life’s “new normal” and maintain meaningful connection with your young adult child.
• Journaling spaces that make it easy to capture your letting-go journey as it unfolds, making this book a treasured keepsake to reflect back upon.